Get it now!#
Then, install the latest stable version using
npm install shipyard, or
grab the dev version from GitHub:
$ git clone git://github.com/seanmonstar/Shipyard.git $ cd Shipyard $ npm link $ shipyard test
What is Shipyard?#
- Modularity: Be able to declare dependencies inside the code, and not be bothered with managing them during development or deployment.
- Testability: Be easily testable, using a node test runner.
- Fields: Powerful fields come alive from simple JSON.
- Sync: Easily specify multiple locations the data should sync to.
- Binding: Views can automatically update themselves when related properties change in a Controller or Model.
- DRY: Views are easily extendable.
- DOMs Away: The DOM is a layer away. Instead, you get a nice interface, with contextual events.
- Templates: The underlying layer of Views uses Templates to render, if you're a control freak.
- Boilerplate: Attempt to remove typical boilerplate of attaching Models to Views with validation in between.